Vision of Light Church of Spiritualism & Healing
We're an independent Spiritualist church welcoming people of all religious and spiritual traditions or none, who seek spiritual growth and development, support, guidance and community.
Weekly, Monthly & Special Programs
All are welcome to join us virtually for spiritual support and caring connections.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below to receive Zoom connecting info.
Programs are led by Lay Pastor Dawn Hancy unless otherwise noted.
9:45-10 a.m. Coffee Hour
12-12:15 Social Hour
Sunday services on Zoom include uplifting and informative topics, healing meditation and Spirit message circle.
People of all spiritual backgrounds, or none, are welcome. We explore Spiritualism and other spiritual traditions and practices as they relate to our principles.
Subscribe below to our weekly newsletter to receive the link for our virtual services.
First Thursdays 6-7:30
Learn more about the church, find out how you can help, and contribute your ideas. If you have a particular interest, it's helpful for you to let us know in advance by email. We create our agenda based on priorities and limited time while valuing input from our community.
About Vision of Light
As the sunflower turns its face toward the light of the sun,
so Spiritualism turns the face of humanity toward the light of truth.
We welcome all who seek spiritual companionship and guidance during this time of challenge and opportunity.
People of diverse faith backgrounds, or none, can find solace and sanctuary in the safe sharing space we create to explore together and to support one another on our unique individual paths of learning and healing. We believe everyone can experience Divine connection and develop their natural abilities of healing and mediumship, psychic or intuitive gifts, with a little help and practice.
In this extraordinary time, it is vital that we care for ourselves and for one another not only physically but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Our church has served the community for many years as a place to find comfort, healing and growth, and we are honored to welcome new visitors and those who have joined us in person in the past to a new kind of gathering, as we move our community online, starting with Zoom service on Sundays.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Developing & Sharing Our Spiritual Gifts
Spiritualism is a path of personal development, caring for one another, and serving all life.
While our in-person gatherings are on hold, we are planning virtual opportunities to experience and learn to develop the gifts of Spirit, including mediumship and healing. Subscribe to our email list for updates in our newsletter, and Zoom links to your Sunday services and other programs.
We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
We believe Divine Love is manifested through loving service to all life.
Definitions in Spiritualism
From Vision Of Light Church of Spiritualism & Healing By-laws
1) Spiritualism is the science, philosophy and religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of mediumship, with those who live in the spirit world.*
“Spiritualism Is a Science” because it investigates, analyzes and classifies facts and manifestations demonstrated from the spirit side of life.*
“Spiritualism Is a Philosophy” because it studies the laws of nature both on the seen and unseen sides of life and bases its conclusions upon present observed facts. It accepts statements of observed facts of past ages and conclusions drawn therefrom, when sustained by reason and by results of observed facts of the present day.*
“Spiritualism Is a Religion” because it strives to understand and to comply with the Physical, Mental and Spiritual Laws of Nature, “which are the laws of God.”*
2) A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between this world and the spirit world by means of mediumship, and who endeavors to mold his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communication.*
3) Spirit is the creative energy which is the cause of all visible things. Spirit is that invisible, intangible, but very real something we call life. We are Spirit now, encased in a physical body and will continue eternally as an individual soul.
4) A medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the spirit world and, through whose instrumentality intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism.*
5) A Spiritualist Healer is one, who through their mediumship, recognizes and allows Infinite Spirit to work through them, to heal all of God’s creatures.
An alternative explanation for students taking the Morris Pratt Course: A Spiritualist Healer is one who, either through his own inherent powers or through his mediumship, is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions.*
6) The phenomena of Spiritualism consist of Prophecy, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Gift of Tongues, Laying on of Hands, Healing, Visions, Trances, Apports, Revelations, Levitation, Raps, Automatic and Independent Writing and Paintings, Photography, Materialization, Psychometry, Voice and any other manifestation proving the continuity of life as demonstrated through the physical and spiritual senses and faculties of Man.*
*Definitions adopted by the National Spiritualist Association of Churches, October 1951.